On this episode Jen Wilkin, JT English, and Kyle Worley continue with the story of Genesis by discussing chapters 34-37.
Questions Covered in This Episode:
- What happens to Dinah?
- How does Jacob respond?
- How do her brothers respond?
- Are you making too big of them referring to him as Jacob?
- Is there a significance to them using circumcision as part of the agreement?
- How does Jacob respond to Simeon and Levi’s actions?
- In Genesis 35 it begins with God telling Jacob to...?
- What is found in Genesis 35:9-15?
- What is happening with the renaming of Jacob, again?
- Should we pay any attention to verse 22?
- Who gets more attention in the book of Genesis: Abraham, Issac, Jacob, or Joseph?
- The story of Joseph occupies so much of the attention of Genesis but his story doesn’t resonate through the rest of the Bible story in the way that Abaraham does. Does Joseph come up more in the Bible?
- Do you think there is significance to the fact that there are two key figures in the Gospels that are named Joseph?
- We hear that Joseph has a special place in Jacob’s eyes: Why is that?
- He gets a special coat, a robe of many colors. Tell us about that.
- Well, Joseph starts dreaming and it doesn’t end well for him. His dream is basically what?
- How do his brothers respond? What do they do?
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Genesis 34-37, Genesis 12-17, Genesis 32, Genesis 49, Philippians 2
Amazon affiliate links are used where appropriate. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases, thank you for supporting Knowing Faith.
To learn more about the Southern Seminary PhD mentioned in this podcast, please click this link.
Dive into Christine Hoover's new Bible study, Seek First the Kingdom: God’s Invitation to Life and Joy in the Book of Matthew. Over 8 weeks, you'll cut through life’s clutter with Jesus’ words in Matthew to reorient yourself solidly around the kingdom and the King who gives life in abundance.
Ministry Grid is the online tool to develop and disciple your church. You can use their 800+ pre-built training courses or create and customize your own. The possibilities are truly endless. They are offering our podcast listeners $200 off the regular Ministry Grid price. For just $399 a year, you can get unlimited access for your church. Just use go to ministrygrid.com/knowingfaith to learn more about this special offer.
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Website
Support Knowing Faith and Become a Patron: