Jen Wilkin, JT English, and Kyle Worley discuss and define the communicable attributes of God.
Questions Covered in This Episode:
- What are communicable attributes?
- Are the communicable attributes one of the ways we reflect the image of God?
- Are communicable attributes something God is or something God possesses?
- Are communicable attributes true of each person in the Godhead?
- How are they different from incommunicable attributes (what we discussed last episode)?
- How do we maintain a distinction between Creator and creature without minimizing the reality and depth of the shared communicable attributes?
- Attribute: Something that is true about God, who he is.
- Communicable Attribute: Things that are true about God, that can also become true of us.
- Holy, loving, just, good, merciful, gracious, faithful, patient, truthful, wise
- Anthropomorphic: A way of expressing, in humanly understandable terms, something that is true.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Amazon affiliate links are used where appropriate. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases, thank you for supporting Knowing Faith.
Discover how Midwestern Seminary can equip you to more faithfully serve your church through formal theological education or FREE For the Church resources we provide:
Our Sister Podcasts:
The Family Discipleship Podcast | Confronting Christianity
Support Training the Church and Become a Patron: