Jen Wilkin, JT English, and Kyle Worley discuss what it means that God is Holy & Loving.
Questions Covered in This Episode:
- Who is God?
- What’s an incommunicable attribute?
- What’s a communicable attribute?
- What does it mean to say God is holy?
- Is holiness a communicable attribute?
- How does holiness relate to the concepts of justice and righteousness?
- What does it mean to say God is love?
- How is God’s love different from what we often think of when we hear the word love?
- Is love a communicable attribute? How does that shape the way we love others?
- Trinitarianism: God eternally exists as one essence and three distinct persons, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, each of which is fully God, yet there is One God.
- Incommunicable Attribute: Things that are true about God, that are only true of God and are not true of anyone else.
- Communicable Attribute: Things that are true about God, that can also become true of us.
- Holy: Utter purity of character.
- Sanctification: The Spirit is our Helper as we grow in holiness through obedience to God’s commands.
- Just: To be holy in dealings with other people.
- Righteous: Someone is holy; in alignment with the character of God.
- Loving: A static disposition of the will towards His people.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Amazon affiliate links are used where appropriate. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases, thank you for supporting Knowing Faith.
Discover how Midwestern Seminary can equip you to more faithfully serve your church through formal theological education or FREE For the Church resources we provide: mbts.edu/KnowingFaith
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Website
Our Sister Podcasts:
The Family Discipleship Podcast | Confronting Christianity
Support Training the Church and Become a Patron: