Jen Wilkin, JT English, and Kyle Worley discuss what it means that God is Good and Wise.
Questions Covered in This Episode:
- It's a dangerous business talking about goodness and wisdom in our current moment isn’t it?
- What does it mean to call something good?
- Is God good? How do we know?
- Out of all of God’s communicable attributes, this one appears to me to be the one that may get called into question the most. Don’t you think?
- What is your objective moral framework if it is not God?
- What does it mean to call someone wise?
- What is the difference between wisdom and omniscience?
- What does it mean to be a wise person?
- Why is it good news that God is wise and good?
- The scriptures warn us that the wisdom of God is foolishness to man, what are practical examples of that?
- What is one way I can move forward in pursuing wisdom?
- Communicable Attribute: Things that are true about God, that can also become true of us.
- Goodness: The sum total of all perfections.
- Wise: Taking a moral framework (goodness) and applying it in ways that lead to blessing and flourishing for their life and those around them.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Amazon affiliate links are used where appropriate. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases, thank you for supporting Knowing Faith.
Discover how Midwestern Seminary can equip you to more faithfully serve your church through formal theological education or FREE For the Church resources we provide: mbts.edu/KnowingFaith
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Website
Our Sister Podcasts:
The Family Discipleship Podcast | Confronting Christianity
Support Training the Church and Become a Patron: