Jen Wilkin, JT English, and Kyle Worley discuss what it means that God is merciful and gracious.
Questions Covered in This Episode:
- Who is this God we are talking about?
- What is the difference between an incommunicable and a communicable attribute?
- What is mercy and grace and are they different?
- Where do we see God’s mercy and grace?
- How do we practice mercy and grace?
- Trinitarianism: God eternally exists as one essence and three distinct persons, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, each of which is fully God, yet there is One God.
- Incommunicable Attribute: Things that are true about God, that are only true of God and are not true of anyone else.
- Communicable Attribute: Things that are true about God, that can also become true of us.
- Justice: Given what we deserve.
- Mercy: Not getting what we deserve.
- Grace: Getting what we do not deserve. God doing for us that which we could never do for ourselves.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Amazon affiliate links are used where appropriate. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases, thank you for supporting Knowing Faith.
Discover how Midwestern Seminary can equip you to more faithfully serve your church through formal theological education or FREE For the Church resources we provide: mbts.edu/KnowingFaith
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Website
Our Sister Podcasts:
The Family Discipleship Podcast | Confronting Christianity
Support Training the Church and Become a Patron: