Jen Wilkin, JT English, and Kyle Worley discuss what it means that God is faithful and patient.
Questions Covered in This Episode:
- What does it mean when we say that God is faithful?
- How and where do we see God’s faithfulness in scripture?
- Why is meditation upon God’s faithfulness important?
- Where have we seen it in our own lives?
- Is God patient?
- When and how do we practice patience?
- Communicable Attribute: Things that are true about God, that can also become true of us.
- Faithful: His character and His actions are utterly consistent. What He does is the perfect outflow of who He is.
- Patient: “The ability to take a great deal of punishment from evil people or circumstances without losing ones temper, without becoming irritated or angry, or without taking vengeance.” Baker Bible Dictionary
- Makrothumia (μακροθυμία, ας, ἡ): Greek term for long-suffering.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Exodus 3:14, 2 Timothy 2:13, Revelation 16, Habakkuk, Hebrews 2:17
- “Before the Throne of God Above”
- Baker Bible Dictionary
Amazon affiliate links are used where appropriate. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases, thank you for supporting Knowing Faith.
Discover how Midwestern Seminary can equip you to more faithfully serve your church through formal theological education or FREE For the Church resources we provide: mbts.edu/KnowingFaith
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Website
Our Sister Podcasts:
The Family Discipleship Podcast | Confronting Christianity
Support Training the Church and Become a Patron: