Jen Wilkin, JT English, and Kyle Worley continue their discussion on the doctrine of salvation by talking about the doctrine of regeneration.
Questions Covered in This Episode:
- What’s a doctrine?
- When we say “doctrine of salvation,” what do we mean?
- What is election?
- What is effectual calling?
- What is regeneration?
- When the Bible is talking about the heart, what is it talking about?
- What are other ways the Bible talks about this?
- How has the language of being “born again” changed?
- When does regeneration happen?
- What is the result of regeneration? Where does it lead?
- Doctrine: A christian belief. Something we believe the Bible says to be true.
- Organizes and summarizes what the Bible teaches.
- Election: Before the foundation of the world God predestined, or set apart for himself, a people that He will secure their salvation.
- Doctrine of Salvation: How God saves his people.
- Effectual Calling: The specific work the the Spirit of God making an effectual impact in our hearts.
- Regeneration: When the heart that we have been given by nature is replaced with a new heart.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Considering your calling and how to grow in your knowledge of the Bible? Explore Midwestern’s For the Church Institute which offers free, self-paced courses designed to equip you to serve the church more faithfully.
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Website
Our Sister Podcasts:
The Family Discipleship Podcast | Confronting Christianity | Starting Place
Support Training the Church and Become a Patron: patreon.com/trainingthechurch