Jen Wilkin, JT English, and Kyle Worley answer questions submitted by their patron supporters! To learn more and become a patron visit patreon.com/trainingthechurch.
Questions Covered in This Episode:
- If there is no hierarchy in the Trinity, why is Paul talking about the Son himself being made subject to God, who I assume is God the Father (1 Cor. 15:27-28)?
- In Luke Chapter 4, the devil tries to tempt Jesus. Did the devil actually have that authority that he was claiming to have? Was the devil just flat-out lying or was there some basis behind that temptation?
- Do you have recommendations on how to deepen heart engagement in devotional time with the Lord?
- If repetition is the mother of learning...then what is the father of learning?
- Do you have recommendations for other podcasts?
- Could you run through the basic guidelines for reading and understanding the Old Testament?
- What is the significance of the Transfiguration?
- Why are y’all Baptist? It is beneficial for Christians to be exposed to other traditions that are within the bounds of orthodoxy? If so, how are y’all doing that, personally and at church?
- Lately, I have been thinking of how on the cross Jesus took upon himself the full measure of the Father's wrath and how Jesus bore upon himself what was deserving for us. Also, at the same time, He gives us His righteousness in justification whereas now the Father sees us as holy through Jesus. It is something that I would love for you guys to expound upon that because it seems too awesome at times that Jesus both took what we deserved and gives us what is needed in order to be saved.
- Should Christians have “self-confidence”? What are helpful and unhelpful ways Christians can think about self-confidence?
- Would you guys be able to articulate the reasons why swearing is unwise/sinful?
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Affiliate links are used where appropriate. We earn from qualifying purchases, thank you for supporting Training the Church.
Are you ready to take your next step in theological training? Consider Midwestern Seminary and how our For the Church vision can equip you through formal theological education or one of our many free training resources we offer. Learn more about how to get started at www.mbts.edu/knowingfaith
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Website
Our Sister Podcasts:
The Family Discipleship Podcast | Confronting Christianity | Starting Place