Jen Wilkin, JT English, and Kyle Worley take a look at Exodus 15:1-8 and how imprecatory psalms, songs, prayers show-up throughout the story of Scripture.
Questions Covered in This Episode:
- What is the substance of this song? What is it celebrating?
- What are imprecatory psalms, songs, prayers? Why do we not use this language anymore?
- How do we talk about judgment when people don't have a category for it?
- How do songs of deliverance and redemption show up throughout scripture?
- What is Christus Victor?
- What happens right after this song in reference to water?
- Penal Substitutionary Atonement: Jesus is our substitute for our penalty for sin.
- Christus victor: Jesus is the victor over his enemies.
Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- Exodus 15:1-18, 1 Samuel 2:1–10, Luke 1:46-55, Matthew 26:17-30, Judges 5, 2 Samuel 22, Colossians 1, Genesis 3:15
- “The Chronicles of Narnia” by C.S. Lewis
Interested in free theological training? Midwestern Seminary recently released three new classes through their For the Church Institute. Study for free and at your own pace through FTCI today! Learn more and sign up at ftcinstitute.com
To learn more about our sponsors please visit our website.
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Website
Our Sister Podcasts:
The Family Discipleship Podcast | Confronting Christianity | Starting Place | Tiny Theologians
Support Training the Church and Become a Patron: patreon.com/trainingthechurch