Jen Wilkin, JT English, and Kyle Worley discuss the themes found in the stories of God turning bitter water sweet, the provision of manna, and water flowing from the rock Moses strikes.
Questions Covered in This Episode:
- After the Song of Moses and Miriam, we get this interesting little account of God turning bitter water sweet for Israel: How is this significant?
- How do these three stories fit together?
- How do these stories connect to Jesus?
- Where do we see this miraculous provision of bread from heaven elsewhere in the story of scripture?
- Where else does God address people grumbling?
- When we are reading Old Testament passages that deal with the law, how much should we be looking at these passages and wondering if there are principles that should be governing our moral imagination?
- We get the sabbath principle before we get the law of sabbath. Why?
- What is the significance of the rock that Moses strikes?
Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- Exodus 16:1-12, Exodus 15:26-27, Revelation 8:10-11, John 4, 1 Kings 17, 2 Kings 4, Ruth, 1 Corinthians 10:2-4
Interested in free theological training? Midwestern Seminary recently released three new classes through their For the Church Institute. Study for free and at your own pace through FTCI today! Learn more and sign up at ftcinstitute.com
To learn more about our sponsors please visit our website.
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Website
Our Sister Podcasts:
The Family Discipleship Podcast | Confronting Christianity | Starting Place | Tiny Theologians
Support Training the Church and Become a Patron: