Jen Wilkin, JT English, and Kyle Worley answer questions submitted by their patron supporters!
Questions Covered in This Episode:
- If God didn’t reveal his name as Yahweh until he told Moses, why do we see Moses using that name throughout the book of Genesis in quotations by Adam (Gen 4:1), Lamech (Gen 5:29), Noah (9:26)?
- I think when most people think of God in Exodus and the Old Testament in general they think of the Father. Could you all discuss the work of the economic Trinity throughout Exodus?
- What your thoughts on life after death? I've always been taught to be absent from the body is to be present from the Lord, but I listened to a Bible Project podcast that taught that we'll be in a deep sleep until the second coming of Christ when the dead in Christ will rise.
- Tell us about someone that you've discipled that has really grown and flourished, who might be really kicking it for the Kingdom now. How did the relationship begin? What contributed to their growth?
- What's your opinion on sushi?
- Where do you see single gender spaces being valuable vs. mixed gender spaces? For example, do you see men and women learning inductive Bible study methods together? Spiritual disciplines/formation? How would men and women share in teaching in those spaces?
- How do each of your spouses support you in ministry/your ministry? How has being in ministry affected your marriages?
- Reading across translations, Genesis 3:15 often doesn’t sound like a promise of victory or defeat since it’s directed at the serpent. Would the first hearers have understood it as a promise, or is it something we project on this statement in hindsight?
- If the three persons of the trinity have only one will, why would Christ need to intercede for us to the Father?
- Where does children's ministry help and where does children's ministry hurt (in the context of the Sunday gathering)? What are potential pitfalls to be avoided when leading children's ministry and what parts shouldn't be overlooked?
- Would like to hear perspective on the Enneagram.
- What are your thoughts on how to deeply disciple in a space where the few seasoned believers are already at capacity?
- If the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, how should we think about what the fear of the Lord is?
- What are your thoughts on how/when to apply a “plain reading of scripture” versus diving deep into the original language, culture, and context to inform our understanding and application of God’s Word?
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Interested in free theological training? Midwestern Seminary recently released three new classes through their For the Church Institute. Study for free and at your own pace through FTCI today! Learn more and sign up at ftcinstitute.com
To learn more about our sponsors please visit our website.
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Website
Our Sister Podcasts:
The Family Discipleship Podcast | Confronting Christianity | Starting Place | Tiny Theologians
Support Training the Church and Become a Patron: