In this episode, Jen Wilkin, JT English, and Kyle Worley continue their discussion of the book of Acts, walking through chapters 6, 7, and 8. They talk about Stephen’s speech, Simon the Magician, and Philip the Missionary.
Questions Covered in This Episode:
- Recap Acts so far: What has been going on in the story?
- In Acts 6 we begin with deacons...what are deacons? Why are they raised up?
- Let’s discuss Stephen's speech. Why is it important?
- How does Stephen respond in the face of death?
- What is a martyr?
- Simon: He can’t be a real magician, can he? Was he pulling rabbits out of a hat?
- Why does Simon want the power?
- In the story of Philip is this descriptive or prescriptive?
- Evangelism and Providence: Is this how we are to share the gospel?
- Ecclesiology: The doctrine of the church.
- Deacon: Derived from the Greek word diákonos (διάκονος) meaning servant.
- Hellenists: Greek-speaking Jews.
- Hebrews: Pallestinaine Jews speaking Aramaic.
- Martyr: Derived from the Greek word mártys (μάρτυς) meaning witness.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Acts 6-8, Exodus 18, Exodus 34:29-35, Genesis 12-17, Exodus 19-24, 2 Samuel 7
Amazon affiliate links are used where appropriate. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases, thank you for supporting Knowing Faith.
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Website
Support Knowing Faith and Become a Patron:
patreon.com/knowingfaithIn this episode, Jen, JT, and Kyle continue their discussion of the book of Acts, walking through chapters 6, 7, and 8. They talk about Stephen’s speech, Simon the Magician, and Philip the Missionary.