Jen Wilkin, JT English, and Kyle Worley are joined by author Hannah Anderson to discuss Genesis 2 and how it shapes and forms our relationships.
Questions Covered in This Episode:
- Let’s start with an overview of Genesis 2, what’s the basic outline of Genesis 2?
- What are some differences between Genesis 1 and 2? Particularly in the creation of man and woman?
- Are we to make anything out of man being created first?
- What is natural law?
- What is representation in the terms of relationships between man and woman?
- If the emphasis is on sameness, why does that matter?
- Talk about the rib.
- Is what’s on display here explicit to marriage?
- Do I have a different obligation toward my spiritual brothers and sisters?
- How does the truth of Genesis 2 help us to reset the frame of other things?
- Natural Law: The world around us as God has created it reflects the truth of his nature and the ordering of creation. There is a logic, order, and purpose to the entirety of creation and therefore there are things we can learn about God from creation.
Hannah Anderson lives with her family in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia where her husband, Nathan, pastors Brookhill Baptist Church. Hannah is the author of several books, including Humble Roots: How Humility Grounds and Nourishes Your Soul and the newly released All That’s Good: Recovering the Lost Art of Discernment. You can find more of her writing at sometimesalight.com, hear her on the weekly podcast Persuasion, or follow her on Twitter.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Genesis 2, 1 Corinthians 11, Ephesians 5
Amazon affiliate links are used where appropriate. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases, thank you for supporting Knowing Faith.
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Website
Support Knowing Faith and Become a Patron: