Jen Wilkin, JT English, and Kyle Worley discuss Ligonier Ministries The State of Theology survey and why it matters.
Questions Covered in This Episode:
- How did we get here?
- What does this say about where we are at?
- What is a catechesis?
- Where do we go from here?
- What is the role of the/your church?
- Catechesis: A system of instruction that typically relies on a structure of Q&A for the purposes of helping, historically illiterate people or people who could not yet read, begin to dwell on, contemplate, meditate on or memorize truths about something.
- For Christian purposes it is God and His story. A teaching device that is used for systematic instruction along a clearly defined scope and sequence of what the Christian story is, Christian belief is, and Christian formation is.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Amazon affiliate links are used where appropriate. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases, thank you for supporting Knowing Faith.
Discover how Midwestern Seminary can equip you to more faithfully serve your church through formal theological education or FREE For the Church resources we provide:
Our Sister Podcasts:
The Family Discipleship Podcast | Confronting Christianity
Support Training the Church and Become a Patron: