Rebecca McLaughlin is joined by Molly Worthen to discuss how Jesus can transform the life of an academic.
Questions Covered in This Episode:
- What is your story of how you became a Christian?
- What were the main barries from keeping you from becoming a Christian?
- Can you share about your conversation with J. D. Greear?
- What pieces of evidence were you surprised by when you researched if Jesus was raised from the dead?
- What about the eye witness accounts of the gospels and their accuracy?
- What would you say to someone who has an academic background and doesn’t believe in anything supernatural?
- If someone said to you, I’m so glad that you believe in Jesus but it's just not for me, how would you respond?
Molly Worthen is an associate professor of history at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a freelance journalist. She received her BA and PhD from Yale University. Her research focuses on North American religious and intellectual history. Her most recent book, Apostles of Reason, examines American evangelical intellectual life since 1945, especially the internal conflicts among different evangelical subcultures.
To learn more about our sponsors please visit our website.
Instagram | Twitter
Our Sister Shows:
Knowing Faith | The Family Discipleship Podcast | Starting Place | Tiny Theologians
Confronting Christianity is a podcast of Training the Church. For ad-free episodes and more content check out our Patreon.