Adam Griffin, Chelsea Griffin, and Cassie Bryant talk about why it is important for us to love God above all else, including our kids.
Questions Covered in This Episode:
- Have you ever caught yourself more committed to your family than to God?
- How does placing your love for your kids above your relationship with God affect your relationship with God?
- How does having a vibrant relationship and love for God prevent idolatry?
- How does placing your love for your kids above your love for God affect your relationship with your kids?
- Can you love God and still have a huge love for your kids?
- How do we know if our kids have become idols? What would be some warning signs?
- What role can seeking happiness and success for our kids reveal idolatry in our hearts?
- How do we love our kids well without making them the center of our lives?
- What does the story of Isaac and Abraham tell us about God’s heart on this topic?
- What are some practical ways that parents can ensure they are prioritizing their relationship with God while still fulfilling their parental responsibilities?
- What would repentance look like for a parent who recognizes an idolatrous love for their family?
- Idolatry is the worship of anything other than God. It is the placing of something or someone before God in one's life, and it can take many forms, such as material possessions, power, fame, or relationships.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Amazon affiliate links are used where appropriate. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases, thank you for supporting Training the Church.
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
Our Sister Shows:
Knowing Faith | Confronting Christianity | Starting Place
The Family Discipleship Podcast is a podcast of Training the Church. For ad-free episodes and more content check out our Patreon.