David and Sissy share more helpful tips to care for the kids in your life that are dealing with big feelings after the Nashville school shooting. This content originated on the Raising Boys and Girls IG (@raisingboysandgirls) on Tuesday, March 28. We continue to pray that your conversations lead to hope and peace.
A Few Ideas on Helping Kids who are Hurting:
- Kids emotions are transient. Follow their lead.
- Have conversations in doses. Kids need to come up for air more than we do.
- Watch for: emotions bigger than the situation warrants, more clinging, tearfulness, regression, trouble sleeping.
- Maintain routines. Kids thrive in structure.
- Keep giving them space to feel. Process your feelings elsewhere.
- Move with them toward empathy and purpose.
. . . . .
The Jesus Storybook Bible