This week we are joined by Krista Bontrager to discuss how the occult is becoming more popular among younger generations, what that looks like and what parents should be on guard against. Krista has a wealth of knowledge on this topic and we are grateful for the wisdom she shares with us.
Main Points Covered
- How the occult is becoming more attractive to younger generations
- How boys and girls are seduced into the occult differently.
- For girls it is usually through empowerment from witchcraft.
- For boys it often comes through horror movies, anime and supernatural shows.
- How interacting with the occult can result in demonic oppression.
- Practical resources to help your kiddos and how to speak truth to them about the spiritual realm.
People and resources mentioned
- The Occult: In the broadest sense, is a category of supernatural beliefs and practices which encourage the interaction with demonic spirits and forces.
- Astral projection: (also known as astral travel) a term used in esotericism to describe an intentional out-of-body experience that assumes the existence of an astral body or body of light, through which consciousness can function separately from the physical body and travel throughout the astral plane.
- Multiverse theory: Multiverse theory suggests that our universe, may not be the only one. The theory suggests that there are actually millions of other universes that are parallel to each other.
- Shifting: A combination of Astral projection and Multiverse theory to where any sort of universe can exist and you can shift your consciousness to any of those universes or realities.
- Cosplay/cosplay culture: The practice of dressing up as a character from a movie, book, or video game. Many times, the cosplayer will actively “assume” the identity of the character and set aside their own.
- New Apostolic Reformation (NAR): The New Apostolic Reformation, or NAR, is an unbiblical religious movement that emphasizes experience over Scripture, mysticism over doctrine, and modern-day “apostles” over the plain text of the Bible.
“The spirit realm is real and your children are interacting with it on a daily basis. For example, if you’re teaching your child to pray, you’re teaching them how to engage in the spirit realm.”
“Christians are uniquely positioned to explain the spirit realm.”
“Because we are created in the image of God, there is a spiritual component to us and a longing to understand the spirit realm. So that is not inherently bad. We want to disciple [our kids] in how to interact with the spirit realm so that they don’t get hurt.”
“The most common scheme that the enemy uses is messages to our thoughts. The fiery darts of the enemy.”admin
We are all in this together, so sometimes our posts are a bit of all of us.
The post Episode 87: The Rise in Occult Fascination Among Youth with Krista Bontrager appeared first on Mama Bear Apologetics.