Kyle Worley and Rebecca McLaughlin faithfully explore the question, “how do we know anything?”
Questions Covered in This Episode:
- How do we know anything?
- What is a thing to be known and how do we know it?
- Is it okay to talk about faith and trust in terms of knowing?
- How do we measure things that claim to be true?
- We both believe the God of the Bible is the one true God. Why do we believe these things and how do we know them?
- What about revelation?
- So, if you were chatting with a neighbor and they casually said to you, “How do you know anything” What might you say?
- Emotivism: My feelings are a reliable indicator of that which is true.
- Empiricism: Whatever I can touch, taste, see, and experience through my senses is true.
- Faith: Affirmation, affection, and allegiance.
- Revelation: The self-disclosure of God. God Himself is the sole and proper witness to himself. God has spoken in His word, the Bible, and it is a reliable testimony to who he is and his purposes for the world.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Amazon affiliate links are used where appropriate. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases, thank you for supporting Training the Church.
Instagram | Twitter
Our Sister Shows:
Knowing Faith | The Family Discipleship Podcast
Confronting Christianity is a podcast of Training the Church. For ad-free episodes and more content check out our Patreon.