Adam Griffin is joined by Ryan Frederick to have a conversation about how your marriage affects your parenting and how to cultivate a healthy marriage and a safe home.
Questions Covered in This Episode:
- Could you tell us a little about your family and your ministry?
- Why do you think a healthy marriage is worth fighting for?
- Do you think a couple’s spiritual life has a big impact on the overall health of the relationship?
- Why is praying for one another important in marriage?
- Does the way you pray for your wife impact the way you pray for your children?
- What encouragement could you offer a person listening who wants to lead their kids well, but it feels like their marriage is falling apart?
- Has there been someone outside of your relationship that has been helpful to listen to?
- How do y’all work on creating a place where it’s safe to be honest in the home?
- Do you ever see kids competing for love with a spouse? Do you ever see someone love their kids so much that they neglect their spouse in the name of serving the kids? How do we keep our marriage from becoming just about the kids?
- What are some ways that we can pray for you?
Ryan Frederick is passionate about helping men treasure Christ most and love their families well. He and his wife, Selena, created Fierce Marriage with one simple mission: to point couples to Christ and commission marriages for the gospel. They have written several books, including but not limited to; Husband in Pursuit, Wife in Pursuit, Fierce Marriage, 40 Prayers for My Wife, and 40 Prayers for my Husband. They also have a podcast called Fierce Marriage where they discuss all things marriage: sex, communication, finances, priorities, purpose, and everything in between.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Amazon affiliate links are used where appropriate. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases, thank you for supporting Training the Church.
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
Our Sister Shows:
Knowing Faith | Confronting Christianity | Starting Place
The Family Discipleship Podcast is a podcast of Training the Church. For ad-free episodes and more content check out our Patreon.