Jen Wilkin, JT English, and Kyle Worley discuss the doctrine of Union with Christ. This is a Knowing Faith Remix episode from Episode #36.
Questions Covered in This Episode:
- Let’s begin: Define the doctrine of “Union with Christ.”
- Where do we see this in the Old Testament? How about in the New Testament?
- Why does this doctrine matter?
- Union with Christ: We enter in by grace through faith into Jesus Christ. Salvation is not just something God gives us it is something we receive.
- Union with Christ: “The intimate, vital, and spiritual union between Christ and His people, in virtue of which He is the source of their life and strength, of their blessedness and salvation.” Louis Berkhof
- Union with Christ: The believer’s identification, participation, and incorporation with, in, through, and into the life, the death, the resurrection, the ascension, and the heavenly session of Jesus.
- Communion with Christ: Our ongoing cultivation of enjoying every spiritual blessing in Christ Jesus.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- 1, 2, 3 John, Ephesians 1:3-10, Romans 5, 1 Corinthians 15, Genesis 15, John 15, Acts 9, Galatians 2:20, 2 Corinthians 5:21, Romans 6:4-5, Matthew 25, Ephesians 2:1-10, 22, Romans 8, John 17:20-26
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Website
Support Knowing Faith and Become a Patron: