Jen Wilkin, JT English, and Kyle Worley took questions from our "Super Fan" tier on Patreon and tried to answer as many as we could!
Questions Covered in This Episode:
- If Knowing Faith was a character on The West Wing, who would it be?
- Is American Civil religion a problem?
- What is the difference between the way that Jesus intercedes on our behalf and the way that the Holy Spirit intercedes for us? Is this the same work or different works?
- There are so many different analogies to explain the Trinity, but most are heretical. Is there a good analogy that you know of?
- Do you believe that the view of humans as primarily thinking creatures has led to an emphasis of preaching being the main task in discipleship, rather than a more holistic, lived discipleship?
- How can I help redirect and set expectations that bible study time is for letting the Word transform our own lives, rather than it becoming a commentary on how “the world” doesn’t follow whatever passage we are discussing?
- I am working on summarizing the connection between Cain and Abel's narrative and Hebrews 12:24. Can you talk more about the "word" that Abel's blood was speaking? What was it saying exactly, and why does the writer of Hebrews use this as the connection to Jesus?
- Should Christians today pray imprecatory psalms?
- When someone that you're discipling and helping through addiction has already confessed their sin, but has relapsed or given into temptation again, what do you say?
- What are appropriate and inappropriate ways to administer the Lord’s Supper?
- Do you have ideas about how to incorporate biblical literacy and theological foundations for the children in our churches?
- How should we think about the childhood of Jesus?
- Do you think creation happened like in Perelandra: the world was evolved, but their Adam and Eve had been placed there brand new?
- What does Sabbath look like for you & your spouses?
- How / why do we believe that the serpent in the garden was Satan? Was it?
- What is up with Matthew 27:51-53? Is there a theological reason why would they need to die again? Couldn't God simply take them like Enoch?
- American Civil Religion (Moral Therapeutic Deism): The story that says, “Christianity should be palatable and to modern sensibilities.” The good life is “Pleasantville”, a society with no discomfort and no suffering.
- Trinitarianism: God eternally exists as one essence in three distinct persons, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, each of whom is fully God, yet there is One God.
- Ecclesiology: Doctrine of the church.
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
Amazon affiliate links are used where appropriate. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases, thank you for supporting Knowing Faith.
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Website
Support Knowing Faith and Become a Patron: