On the twenty fourth episode of the Family Discipleship Podcast the hosts (Adam Griffin and Cassie Bryant) talk about motherhood with author, podcaster, and mother, Emily Jensen from Risen Motherhood.
Questions we talked about in this episode:
- One of the reasons we wanted to talk with you on our Mother’s Day episode is that a few years ago you wrote an absolutely beautiful book, Risen Motherhood. For those who have not read the book, can you tell us what it is about and why you wrote it?
- You also have a really fantastic podcast by the same name, Risen Motherhood. What led to the idea to minister to moms as you do?
- Which of the chapters that you wrote is most precious to you? Does any one of them stand out?
- What are the words that you feel like you find yourself needing to hear over and over again as a mom yourself?
- How has being a mom shaped your view of God’s love?
- What are the common struggles and challenges that you think Christian moms are facing in this generation?
- Would you mind giving us a glimpse into what that has looked like for you and your husband?
- What are the truths in God’s word that you really cling to as a mother?
- If you got to sit down with a brand new mom and give her some gospel wisdom as she is just getting started on this journey, what could you say that would really encourage her?
- Do you have any words of challenge or words of encouragement that you wish dads out there could hear and believe for their family?
Some of our favorite quotes from Emily in this episode:
- “A lot of our questions in motherhood come down to matters of conscience and matters of freedom that take a lot of wisdom and discernment and prayer as we do life with other people. It’s not something that has a cookie cutter answer.” - Emily Jensen
- “It’s so tough and I see it more and more every year. There is so much pressure to be everything and to do everything well...It’s just crippling. It’s so good that the gospel answers that pressure.” - Emily Jensen
- “Where are there some older women who can fill these gaps and teach us these things we don’t know? Hopefully the church.” - Emily Jensen
Resources mentioned in this episode:
To keep up with the Family Discipleship Podcast, follow us on Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter.
To read more about family discipleship, check out the book Family Discipleship: Leading Your Home Through Time, Moments, and Milestones by Adam Griffin and Matt Chandler.
The Family Discipleship Podcast is a podcast of Training the Church.