Join Matt and Julie as they answer the question “What is Baptism?” They’re joined by their long-time friend, Will Derness, the wilderness explorer, as they search for answers. Together, we’ll read the Bible, play a game, and sing a song as we continue to learn more about B!g Church this season.
BAPTISM — to dip someone under some water and bring them back up—like Jesus died and was raised back to life—to show everyone that God has given them a new heart like Jesus.
THE CHURCH — everyone who loves and trusts Jesus.
MOTIVATION — the reason why
Romans 10:9, Matthew 28:19-20
5-Second Fly Through Review:
1. True or False: Jesus was baptized by his cousin John. (True)
2. True or False: When someone is baptized, we should celebrate. (True)
3. True or False: You should get baptized if your friends are. (False)
4. True or False: Once I’m baptized, I am saved. (False…baptism doesn’t save you, it shows others you already love and trust Jesus)
5. True or False: When someone is baptized, they go under the water and come back up. (True…that symbolizes Jesus death, burial and resurrection)
Our Great God (Attributes Song) by The Village Kids