On the third episode of the Family Discipleship Podcast the hosts (Adam Griffin, Cassie Bryant, and Chelsea Griffin) talk about who and what gets to influence our kids.
Questions for Christian parents that we answered in this episode:
- How do you decide who or what gets to influence your kids?
- What does determining influences have to do with leading your home spiritually?
- What are some of the cultural narratives that don’t line up with what we believe that we try to help our kids navigate or protect our kids from?
- How do you think about or advise parents to make decisions about preparing their kids to be exposed to other worldviews or to escape from them?
- How do you help kids think through the things they’ll see and hear?
- What should our practice be around smart phones? Not just whether our kids get them, but how they see us use them in their presence.
- How do we prepare our kids to be countercultural?
- How do you think through friendships for your kids?
- How do we make content decisions for our kids?
- How do we develop a family where we, the parents, are the safest people to ask about things they are hearing or seeing?
- Where does God give us guidance in this area regarding influences?
Resources mentioned in this episode:
To keep up with the Family Discipleship Podcast, follow us on Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter.
To read more about family discipleship, check out the book Family Discipleship: Leading Your Home Through Time, Moments, and Milestones by Adam Griffin and Matt Chandler.
The Family Discipleship Podcast is a Christian parenting podcast from Training the Church.