Rebecca McLaughlin is joined by Jen Wilkin to have a conversation about the ten commandments and why they are important to us today.
Questions Covered in This Episode:
- What did you want to be when you grow up?
- What is an image bearer?
- Where do the ten commandments fit into the story of the Bible?
- Tell us about the first command and why it is at the top of the list.
- How do the ten plagues connect to the ten commandments?
- Why would we read and show interest in the ten commandments?
- What is the purpose of rules?
- Help us think through the commandments that dont intuitively make sense to us today.
- Why is the gospel beautiful and compelling?
Jen Wilkin is an author and Bible teacher from Dallas, Texas. She has organized and led studies for women in home, church, and parachurch contexts. An advocate for Bible literacy, her passion is to see others become articulate and committed followers of Christ, with a clear understanding of why they believe what they believe, grounded in the Word of God.
- Genesis 1:26-27, Exodus 20, Genesis 3-4, Exodus 7-11, Matthew 12:48-50, 1 Timothy 5:1-2 Matthew 5-7
- “Ten Words to Live By” by Jen Wilkin
To learn more about our sponsors please visit our website.
Instagram | Twitter
Our Sister Shows:
Knowing Faith | The Family Discipleship Podcast | Starting Place | Tiny Theologians
Confronting Christianity is a podcast of Training the Church. For ad-free episodes and more content check out our Patreon.