Adam Griffin, Chelsea Griffin, and Cassie Bryant are joined by Jen Wilkin and JT English to discuss their new book, You are a Theologian.
Questions Covered in This Episode:
- Could you tell us a little about your family and your ministry?
- Can you tell us about the process of writing, You Are A Theologian, together?
- The introduction to your book says that we have historically not done great at transferring our faith from one generation to the next. Why is that happening? What’s the root of the problem from your perspective?
- Can you help us understand the difference between making disciples and making converts?
- Can you explain how, “all contact with the bible is good contact” is a flawed premise?
- One of the things you wrote is that, “we cannot teach what we ourselves have never been taught.” Can you help us apply that to parents who want to disciple their kids, but they’ve never been discipled themselves?
- If someone wants to make sure they are not a bad theologian, how will they know?
- How does the realization that the role of teaching the Bible is to “transmit old and time-tested teachings to new ears” help take the pressure off of a mom or dad who is trying to disciple their kids?
- How do we “do theology” in the way we are raising kids?
- How would you like to see churches developing theologians in the local church?
- How do you think that a list of doctrines and this book might be a blessing to moms and dads who want to disciple their kids?
- Any of those doctrinal chapters really stick out to you as something that would particularly bless the average mom or dad?
- What are some ways that we can be praying for you?
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
To learn more about our sponsors please visit our website.
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
Our Sister Shows:
Knowing Faith | Confronting Christianity | Starting Place | Tiny Theologians
The Family Discipleship Podcast is a podcast of Training the Church. For ad-free episodes and more content check out our Patreon.